Security Check List for 2022 Holidays
For many of us the 2022 holiday season may be the first chance to travel abroad or even interstate in the last couple of years due to global travel restrictions. So with the Christmas holiday season just around the corner, this is the perfect time to test your home alarm system to ensure it is working correctly, especially if you plan on spending any time away.
It’s also the ideal time to book in any repairs or upgrades to your security system before you leave your home or business. Knowing your alarm system is operating correctly and monitoring your premises while you are away can offer that extra peace of mind and help to make your holiday one to remember for all the right reasons.
The last thing you need to be worried about while on a holiday is home or business security, so switching to back-to-base monitoring or incorporating additional security cameras or door/window sensors are really great options.
To ensure you have a stress-free holiday, use our security checklist below:
- Test your alarm system before you leave to ensure it is working correctly.
- Ensure all security cameras are live and have new batteries fitted.
- Use dead locks on doors and windows.
- Lock and deadbolt garage doors, side gates, garden sheds and put any tools away.
- Have a trusted friend collect your mail, put the bins out and periodically park in your driveway.
- Set up power plug timers to switch interior lights on and off during the night.
- Test exterior sensor lights to ensure they come on around the property perimeter.
- Turn down your phone ringer and don’t leave a message that tells callers you are away.
- Don’t post information or pictures about your holiday on social media until you return.
- Put away anything valuable that may be visible from outside and close curtains and blinds.
- Make your home seem occupied by leaving some old clothes on the washing line and shoes near the door.
- Cancel subscriptions and any deliveries so they don’t pile up at your door.
- Check your insurance policies are up to date and note your back-to-base monitoring service.
If you have a home or business in or around Geelong and would like to organise monitoring, any repairs or a quote for an Alarm System or Security Cameras before you travel, contact us on 0417 384 787.